Eastside Tag Agency is a full service tag agency serving Tulsa since 1985. We can assist you with your titles and registrations, to include:

  • Title Transfers

  • Registration Renewals

  • Lost or Stolen plates

  • Lien entry

  • Duplicate Titles

We have several clerks to assist you, even during the busiest times and we have staff who speak Spanish.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Tag Renewal

What do I need to renew my tag?

To renew your tag, you’ll need your tag number or vehicle identification number (VIN), your driver license number, insurance verification information and current address.

What forms of payment are accepted?

We accept credit and debit cards, cash and checks. If you are renewing online, you will need a credit or debit card.

I was told there was an issue with my insurance when I tried to renew my tags. My insurance is paid and valid. What is wrong?

All insurance companies are required to update your insurance policy with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. When your tags are renewed, the system verifies valid insurance is listed with the Oklahoma Insurance Department before we are able to renew your tag. If there is an issue, it is usually because your insurance company (not your agent) did not enter your policy correctly. This can be over ridden with a Compliance Letter from your insurance agent.

Can I renew my tribal tag at your location?

With the exception of Choctaw and Chickasaw, all other tribal tags must be renewed through the respective tribes.

Will I have to pay a penalty for late tags if the car has not been running?

Unfortunately, even if a car is inoperable, the tags are still due. If the tags are late, once you register the vehicle, then penalties will be assessed.

Title Transfers

How much does it cost to transfer a title?

There are many variables in determining the cost of transferring a title. Some of the factors include the sales price, the NADA value of the vehicle, the date of purchase and the status of the tags. To get an accurate cost, you would need to provide us with this information so that we could determine the cost.

I bought a car, but haven’t received the title from the dealer. Can I still transfer the title into my name?

You will need to contact the dealer and get the title to transfer the vehicle. If you have not received the title, often the title has been returned to the dealer. If it has been lost, the dealer can provide the proper documentation to allow you to transfer the vehicle.

How long do I have to transfer the title into my name?

You have thirty days from the notary date on the title to transfer the title without a penalty.

What is the penalty for a transfer past the thirty days?

After thirty days from the notary date, penalty for vehicles is $1 per day for excise tax, $1 per day for the transfer and penalty against the sales tax. If the tags are expired, there could also be a penalty of $1 per day for the tag. So, in some situations, penalty can be more than $3 per day.

I sold my car. What do I need to do?

The first step is to provide the buyer with the title to the car. You will need to sign the title in front of a notary and have your signature notarized. After that, we recommend that you come into the Tag Agency and fill out a Notice of Transfer. It costs $10, but it notifies the state that you sold the vehicle and limits your personal liability with the vehicle. To fill complete a Notice of Transfer we will need the tag number or VIN along with the name and address of the purchaser.

If you need additional forms from the Motor Vehicles section of the Oklahoma Tax Commission, follow the link below.